July 31, 2014, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Bless 93 how nice.

Wonder if the rest of the fab six are ok too.

UTM

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 123
Caesar
July 31, 2014, 9:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from Meza
It saddens me to think there won't be a new stadium especially when we are desperately in need of one.  Another thing that annoys me is those that want the move were is their support from the councillors or does representing fans not count.  It sounds to me that the fans dont have a voice and not one councillor that should represent them are doing there job from what I can see.  The only way we can be heard is a protest in the town centre outside the town hall.

does that make sense.  They listen to residents but not the fans, and at the end of the day we fans enjoy days out at BP its the only recreational thing I have left or that im interested in.

So Councillors wheres my representation??

What we need to do is get people to write to local representatives.  Councillors will be getting a fair few letters from NIMBY's who have little idea what football is, so their voice will be loudest.  However if every Town fan wrote a letter/email to the Councillors then they would start paying more attention to Town fans.  If someone could spare the time or if the club and John Fenty could provide a list of Councillors to and everyone on here could write to them it might help.

Someone could even draft a general letter to send which people could just edit slightly so there is a bit of difference in the letters.  A petition is good after all but it is a very easy action to do to sign one, if people are writing letters and emails it means they care more about the issue and it is more likely to effect their vote, in which case it is going to be an issue that people will look at more closely.

Any voulanteers for providing a list and a draft letter for people to send?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 123
Fcukthescunts
July 31, 2014, 9:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Hi it's only me again!!

Public support is essential. See the link.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....17-detail/story.html

Articles like this need sensible and appropriate responses. I would suggest the points in the only comments left on the article are a good start.

Bury as an example have a stand named the cemetery end. Yes that is because they are adjacent to a cemetery along with many other stadia. As is Stamford bridge to name another Watford FC and a long list of other clubs.  

Politicians listen to those that have the biggest voice and they follow comment on the tell wags website. Please keep it sensible and do comment.

Don't forget to ask aunties uncles and all the family and friends to sign the petition for support.

It's no joke we need to crank up support for relocation. 5000 signatures is hopeless.

Ideas welcome to the Club and MT

UTM and here's to the future.

Could the Trust be at turnstiles in away stand prior to kick off get them to sign (free Admission for those volunteering). A new ground will benefit away fans too! Can we also get links on other teams message boards getting them to sign? Genuine football fans will help other teams fans when needed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 123
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2014, 9:47pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Anyone know the exact distance between the proposed site for the new stadium and the cemetery?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 123
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2014, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

Bless 93 how nice.

Wonder if the rest of the fab six are ok too.

UTM

No need for sarcasm John, I've done my comment on GET site too!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 123
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2014, 9:52pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Well this is Leeds Utd to the nearest cemetery, I'm going to go through every club in the league, thats within the same distances as our proposed new ground.

0.25 miles = Grimsby Town (New Stadium)
0.50 miles = Leeds United (Elland Road)

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 123
Grimal
July 31, 2014, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from pontoonlew
Agree Meza. Another gripe is, all these people who are so against us, I wonder how many of them rock up to Wembley for a day out when we do get some success.

I would bet all the councilors do,on a freeby,at our expense.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 123
Grimal
July 31, 2014, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Sincil Bank is only  0.6 mile from Lincoln's cemetary/crem. There's a bowling Alley right next door to the crem, only a matter of a few yards away.Open 7 days a week  9am to 11.30pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 123
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2014, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Caesar

What we need to do is get people to write to local representatives.  Councillors will be getting a fair few letters from NIMBY's who have little idea what football is, so their voice will be loudest.  However if every Town fan wrote a letter/email to the Councillors then they would start paying more attention to Town fans.  If someone could spare the time or if the club and John Fenty could provide a list of Councillors to and everyone on here could write to them it might help.

Someone could even draft a general letter to send which people could just edit slightly so there is a bit of difference in the letters.  A petition is good after all but it is a very easy action to do to sign one, if people are writing letters and emails it means they care more about the issue and it is more likely to effect their vote, in which case it is going to be an issue that people will look at more closely.

Any voulanteers for providing a list and a draft letter for people to send?

That's a very good point. It worked for me when I was a NIMBY many years ago.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 123
misterx
July 31, 2014, 11:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +37
Maybe it shouldn't be said, but does anyone get the feeling it will never be built??  We wouldn't want Grimsby having things that other Towns the same size have had for years...Football stadium...Cinema...Decent leisure center....sorry for moaning been out for a drink lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.