This thread currently has 23,133 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
carp catcher
July 31, 2014, 6:11pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1

Youre probably right, but one of the points I was trying to make is why haven't the club sought support before getting to this stage twice??

If the support simply isn't there, then why bother??

I think the support is there,the problem being those "I don't want it in my backyard" shouting the loudest

54.4 mirror
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 6:41pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
It saddens me to think there won't be a new stadium especially when we are desperately in need of one.  Another thing that annoys me is those that want the move were is their support from the councillors or does representing fans not count.  It sounds to me that the fans dont have a voice and not one councillor that should represent them are doing there job from what I can see.  The only way we can be heard is a protest in the town centre outside the town hall.

does that make sense.  They listen to residents but not the fans, and at the end of the day we fans enjoy days out at BP its the only recreational thing I have left or that im interested in.

So councillors wheres my representation??

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 123
pontoonlew
July 31, 2014, 6:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Agree Meza. Another gripe is, all these people who are so against us, I wonder how many of them rock up to Wembley for a day out when we do get some success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 123
grimps
July 31, 2014, 6:57pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
These people are that flipping stupid that  they think the stadium would be built on a cemetery , They are being whipped up purely for political purposes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 6:59pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from pontoonlew
Agree Meza. Another gripe is, all these people who are so against us, I wonder how many of them rock up to Wembley for a day out when we do get some success.

Yeah true, there is probably an average of 3000-5000 fans but 20,000 went to Wembley.   I understand every man and his dog went but the difference is its away from GY and some class it as a day out.

for me its good Grimsby has a bowling alley, its good we have 2 sports centres and a cinema loads of pubs but my interest is in GTFC.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 123
jaymariner
July 31, 2014, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
A protest at the lack of support for the local community getting some much needed facilities is the only way forward and thus making our voices heard louder but they would probably turn it around on us saying we are antisocial thugs and only out to cause mayhem and noise pollution.

Most of us get a feeling that we are never going to win with this council that want to keep the area in the dark ages  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 123
rancido
July 31, 2014, 7:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91

This has been a bizarre few days - the actual football can't come quick enough.

I don't quite understand what is going on with the new stadium, in the sense that surely it doesn't come down to how many petition signatures the for or antis get?

In their case it is getting signatures at funerals, and in ours it is getting them from a fans forum?

What the heck are the elected councillors doing? Surely if the development is, on balance, good for the town in general then its a no brainer. If on the other hand our elected representatives  come to the conclusion that for whatever reason the site isn't suitable then reject it and find somewhere they will wholeheartedly support.

How come the club have chosen 2 sites which doesn't seem to attract sufficient support? What is the ideal location from the Councils viewpoint then?

If the Council simply do not want the club to relocate at all, and keep kicking it into the long grass, then we will have to accept it is the view of the people, through their elected representatives, that is the decision.

Its been 15 years or so hasn't it so far? It is utterly ridiculous that we are still talking about it.

But as I understand it a move to a new site was the councils preferred option when this was raised some 15? years ago. I seem to remember a statement from the club saying that they approached the council about their views on any future developments of BP. The council of the time said that they would rather the club moved location and they would help them to achieve this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 123
moosey_club
July 31, 2014, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from rancido

But as I understand it a move to a new site was the councils preferred option when this was raised some 15? years ago. I seem to remember a statement from the club saying that they approached the council about their views on any future developments of BP. The council of the time said that they would rather the club moved location and they would help them to achieve this.

Pretty sure it was in 1988(?) when it was first muted...pathetic really.  Cant all be held with the council but they certainly stalled it and their decision to award planning for the still non existant Garth Lane shopping centre development which IIRC used up the last allotted retail development at the time of Great Coates was very odd.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2014, 8:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
So, just to ask the question, that if we don't get allowed by de fruityarse and his pitch fork holders, what will happen? Is it feasible to rebuild the main stand and the osmond or would we infact get planning permission?

I think the question of the allotments is a load of cow cafuddle to be honest and the sooner the council get behind the plans rather than fighting against the better. We have an allotment approx 500m away from kingsholm rugby ground in Gloucester. The difference is that the locals, in all shapes and sizes, welcome the 16000 people that turn up every week.

So, Grimsby and north east lincs council, bring yourselves out of the 60's and move with the times. Give the town, the people that put you in your jobs and local business' something to be proud of.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 123
Getyourfactsright
July 31, 2014, 8:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Marinerz93

I hope that you haven't fallen off your chair too hard with this 100% support you have from me regarding the move

Bless 93 how nice.

Wonder if the rest of the fab six are ok too.

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.