13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
July 31, 2014, 3:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Another nonsense story from the telegraph. The headline makes the reader think the lad is actually buried at the allotments. It is obviously an extreme tragedy that he is no longer with them but he is now resting at the cemetery, not the allotments and the cemetery is far enough away not to be affected by the stadium.

Wonder how long it is before a telegraph reporter is down there looking for newts.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 123
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2014, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Hi it's only me again!!

Public support is essential. See the link.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....17-detail/story.html

Articles like this need sensible and appropriate responses. I would suggest the points in the only comments left on the article are a good start.

Bury as an example have a stand named the cemetery end. Yes that is because they are adjacent to a cemetery along with many other stadia. As is Stamford bridge to name another Watford FC and a long list of other clubs.  

Politicians listen to those that have the biggest voice and they follow comment on the tell wags website. Please keep it sensible and do comment.

Don't forget to ask aunties uncles and all the family and friends to sign the petition for support.

It's no joke we need to crank up support for relocation. 5000 signatures is hopeless.

Ideas welcome to the Club and MT

UTM and here's to the future.

Comment duly added.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2014, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
I think, as I mentioned before, there are exiled fans that don't always make it back for games. And also, what about fancy of other teams? Are they not entitled to say?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 123
Marinerz93
July 31, 2014, 5:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Hi it's only me again!!

Articles like this need sensible and appropriate responses. I would suggest the points in the only comments left on the article are a good start.

Bury as an example have a stand named the cemetery end. Yes that is because they are adjacent to a cemetery along with many other stadia. As is Stamford bridge to name another Watford FC and a long list of other clubs.  

Politicians listen to those that have the biggest voice and they follow comment on the tell wags website. Please keep it sensible and do comment.

Don't forget to ask aunties uncles and all the family and friends to sign the petition for support.

It's no joke we need to crank up support for relocation. 5000 signatures is hopeless.

I am behind you 100% with the requirements to move to a new purpose built stadium that also generates revenue for the club.

I along with a large portion of Town fans have signed the petition and yes I have asked others to sign as well.  I feel that the parties in the against camp are using their influence to further their agenda, what ever that agenda is, their ultimate aim is to stop the new development going ahead.  It seems there are no bounds to how low they will act.

"A FAMILY of allotment holders are concerned that any plans for a new football stadium could impact on their son's burial site."

Grimsby Crematorium site is a cemetery of 67 acres, known as Scartho Road Cemetery for traditional burials.

The no campaign have had their say and now it is only fair you reply to that whilst it is still current in people's minds.  You've already stated how far away from people's houses the new ground will be and this again needs restating in a way that people can visualise that distance.

The new ground doesn't impinge on that boundary and most people go to visit graves / memorial plaques on a Sunday.  The club could dedicate an area / garden in a suitable area of the development dedicated to Mariner fans who have passed, after all there is a Town flag in the picture.  This shows an understanding and degree of sympathy that non football fans more than likely won't have associated with the club before.  The club could also raise the point that the car parking will be increased to cope with the extra cars and this in turn will help those who need to park near the cemetery or crematorium.  It will make it easier for people to park.

Also I feel that you need to highlight that the no campaigners asking mourners to sign a petition when they are not fully informed is underhanded and insensitive to people who are vulnerable at such a sad time.  Will the no campaigners release the names of those who have signed against the move, for the club to send letters, to give the clubs side of issue in order to give balance and make the yes / no issue a fair one.

I hope that you haven't fallen off your chair too hard with this 100% support you have from me regarding the move

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 123
ackomariner
July 31, 2014, 5:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Marinerz93

I am behind you 100% with the requirements to move to a new purpose built stadium that also generates revenue for the club.

I along with a large portion of Town fans have signed the petition and yes I have asked others to sign as well.  I feel that the parties in the against camp are using their influence to further their agenda, what ever that agenda is, their ultimate aim is to stop the new development going ahead.  It seems there are no bounds to how low they will act.

"A FAMILY of allotment holders are concerned that any plans for a new football stadium could impact on their son's burial site."

Grimsby Crematorium site is a cemetery of 67 acres, known as Scartho Road Cemetery for traditional burials.

The no campaign have had their say and now it is only fair you reply to that whilst it is still current in people's minds.  You've already stated how far away from people's houses the new ground will be and this again needs restating in a way that people can visualise that distance.

The new ground doesn't impinge on that boundary and most people go to visit graves / memorial plaques on a Sunday.  The club could dedicate an area / garden in a suitable area of the development dedicated to Mariner fans who have passed, after all there is a Town flag in the picture.  This shows an understanding and degree of sympathy that non football fans more than likely won't have associated with the club before.  The club could also raise the point that the car parking will be increased to cope with the extra cars and this in turn will help those who need to park near the cemetery or crematorium.  It will make it easier for people to park.

Also I feel that you need to highlight that the no campaigners asking mourners to sign a petition when they are not fully informed is underhanded and insensitive to people who are vulnerable at such a sad time.  Will the no campaigners release the names of those who have signed against the move, for the club to send letters, to give the clubs side of issue in order to give balance and make the yes / no issue a fair one.

I hope that you haven't fallen off your chair too hard with this 100% support you have from me regarding the move

Well thought out post

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
July 31, 2014, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Hi it's only me again!!

This has been a bizarre few days - the actual football can't come quick enough.

I don't quite understand what is going on with the new stadium, in the sense that surely it doesn't come down to how many petition signatures the for or antis get?

In their case it is getting signatures at funerals, and in ours it is getting them from a fans forum?

What the heck are the elected councillors doing? Surely if the development is, on balance, good for the town in general then its a no brainer. If on the other hand our elected representatives  come to the conclusion that for whatever reason the site isn't suitable then reject it and find somewhere they will wholeheartedly support.

How come the club have chosen 2 sites which doesn't seem to attract sufficient support? What is the ideal location from the Councils viewpoint then?

If the Council simply do not want the club to relocate at all, and keep kicking it into the long grass, then we will have to accept it is the view of the people, through their elected representatives, that is the decision.

Its been 15 years or so hasn't it so far? It is utterly ridiculous that we are still talking about it.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 123
carp catcher
July 31, 2014, 5:49pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
I hate to say it but the new ground will never go ahead there or anywhere in this town, as soon as plans announced those who don't want it start shouting very load and the football haters on the local council start drawing battle lines.if it was to go to vote for planning permission the only councilers who can vote are the ones who don't like football.

54.4 mirror
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 123
chrissy
July 31, 2014, 5:56pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from carp catcher
I hate to say it but the new ground will never go ahead there or anywhere in this town, as soon as plans announced those who don't want it start shouting very load and the football haters on the local council start drawing battle lines.if it was to go to vote for planning permission the only councilers who can vote are the ones who don't like football.

Maybe the councilers who do support GTFC, should nor declare an interest.

Politicians not telling the truth, what next ?

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 123
MeanwoodMariner
July 31, 2014, 5:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from carp catcher

Bagsy not having you next to me in the trenches  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
July 31, 2014, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from carp catcher

Youre probably right, but one of the points I was trying to make is why haven't the club sought support before getting to this stage twice??

If the support simply isn't there, then why bother??
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.