This thread currently has 23,309 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
oldun
August 2, 2014, 6:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
These days football clubs at any level need several income streams to survive, match day ticket sales in themselves will never be enough. Therefore new ground facilities need to ba capable of use more than 1 day every couple of weeks and this is where a combination of The Council and Private Investors have a huge role to play as the club cannot do this on its own. Therefore it needs to be much more than football even though this might be the driver. I hope and expect all parties involved can come up with a new development with something for everyone that the town can get behind and be proud of, God knows the town needs it.
Just to make a constructive point perhaps part of the development could include a venue for wakes to held for those using the Crematorium using share car parking. ( I want no remarks about wakes being held following bad results by our team!!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 123
barralad
August 2, 2014, 7:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Teestogreen
Negatives already, before anyone one has had chance to read.
Looks like it's a stitch up.
Don't know why anyone would go to Blundell Park this season, because the 'Fishy' sentiment is don't go - because it's 'CRAP'.
Sad end to a great club.

UTM - in another life - all the best.

I wouldn't worry about the negatives...kids probably.

Personally speaking it doesn't appear to me that the message is that people shouldn't go to Blundell Park because it's crap but more a case of wanting to take the chance to improve the match day experience for the fans. There are very few facilities at B.P. that can be used on any day of the week-not just match days. As others have eloquently stated match day ticket receipts are no longer enough to fund the club-certainly not at our level. For me there is a better chance of getting better players if we can afford to pay them more. The days of unearthing gems who we then sell on for big bucks-the life blood of teams like Town only a few years ago-appear to have gone. I believe it is a stark choice. Stay where we are and remain reliant on a majority share holder who may not always be in the position to fund the club to the level that will see us able to get better players in or move to somewhere that offers an increased feel good factor and hopefully the financial improvement we all want.
If you take out the Darlington and Rushden and Diamonds disastrous scenarios and Coventry's internal fighting it is difficult to find a club whose status in the game hasn't improved as a result of moving grounds..(Reading, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Brighton etc. etc.)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 123
barralad
August 2, 2014, 8:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from oldun

Just to make a constructive point perhaps part of the development could include a venue for wakes to held for those using the Crematorium using share car parking.

Sir, (or madam!) I salute you!

Genius!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 123
Meza
August 2, 2014, 8:16pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Sincil Bank has a 3g pitch which people throughout Lincoln use including myself.  A new stadium would allow JF to build a new 3g pitch and the money (albeit small) would go to the club something they wouldn't get now.  Thats just one thing, it has the potential to open up many new avenues, and its this that some people just cant get into their head.  I couldn't care if a new stadium was built if we were still in the conference it would get used even if by 4000, i'm sure many new fans would turn up too.  Building a new stadium if we are in the football league is too late in my eyes we need it now.

John has deep pockets but his arm is stretching further into it and will soon be empty.  This is the time i would fear the most.  I'm not a season ticket holder and neither is my dad but one thing i will say if a new stadium is built there would be 2 new fans with season tickets

I have a lot of good memories at BP but everyone knows it would cost JF more than if he would build a new stadium.  A new stadium would also bring a fresh feel factor back to the club (although i guess it wont be long until the moaners come out in force lol).

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 123
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.