Getyourfactsright
August 2, 2014, 12:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If we stay where we are in footballing terms, surely we will still go bust?

Many clubs in the football Leauge have been in Finacial meltdown, so do you have a constructive point.

Remember Action 88 etc etc

When I joined you could argue we avoided certain melt down.

Blundel Park means propping the finances up annually unless there is year in year out success on the field. Sorry to disappoint but we will struggle to keep up with he Manunited.

From my funding point of view I will not indefiantly fund a black hole. Providing catalyst funding for a new stadium I will provide / underpin.

Oh and guess what my fishy friend!!!! I ant pushing this for personal gain either!!!!

I am just one of the custodians of the club. There's been many before and there will be many to follow.

Relocation will attract players and provide new income streems as well as put more bums on seats.

At Blundel Park we could invest 10 mill without raising income to justifie the additional income a revamped Blundel Park would bring in.

It would be nice to be back in the football Leauge before relocation but i stress relocation at any level has it's merits and should be persued.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 123
davmariner
August 2, 2014, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,902
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Many clubs in the football Leauge have been in Finacial meltdown, so do you have a constructive point.

Blundel Park means propping the finances up annually unless there is year in year out success on the field. Sorry to disappoint but we will struggle to keep up with he Manunited.

From my funding point of view I will not indefiantly fund a black hole. Providing catalyst funding for a new stadium I will provide / underpin.

Oh and guess what my fishy friend!!!! I ant pushing this for personal gain either!!!!

I am just one of the custodians of the club. There's been many before and there will be many to follow.

Relocation will attract players and provide new income streems as well as put more bums on seats.

At Blundel Park we could invest 10 mill without raising income to justifie the additional income a revamped Blundel Park would bring in.

It would be nice to be back in the football Leauge before relocation but i stress relocation at any level has it's merits and should be persued.

Many thanks for addressing the concern. With respect, how does the construction of a new stadium ensure more bums and seats and better players? Surely success on the pitch is the main factor that swings this. It's all well and good having a swanky new ground but people aren't just going to come because of that are they?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 123
chaos33
August 2, 2014, 1:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
I'm astonished at the indifference and opposition to a new GTFC stadium which would undeniably bring economic regeneration to the Town. Maybe it's because I live elsewhere now that it's easier to take an objective view. Just look at what the KC did for Hull City and even Scunny seem to be pressing ahead with their plans - yet another way in which they seem to outstrip us. The club and the supporters have to make this happen and overcome the shortsighted opposition. It's not just about football. I'm glad that JF and the Trust and forward-thinking fans are pursuing this relentlessly and am grateful for that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 2, 2014, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,789
Gold Stars: 178
Agree 100% chaos, and the sustainability is key to what the club have to offer. Scunts, hull and even Boston have forged ahead with new grounds, so where do we ACTUALLY stand with regards the council???? IMHO they don't want the club to succeed unless it's for their benefit. Unless that is, they get something out of it. What's happened since the double wembley season when cllr defruityarse attended games?? Did he have to start paying for tickets?? So he spat his dummy out and retired to his allotment, with lesser spotted emu's, and decided to take out a personal vendetta against the club? Well, am afraid, the clubs fans are not gonna give up on this, so, be prepared for a fight, as that's what your gonna get.

And just like the yorksh&@e pudding song, I can't wait to sing it about a marrow!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 123
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2014, 2:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

I'm all for the new stadium, hence my post on the Telegraph article but as someone else has subsequently stated, a new stadium is less likely to attract better players than success on the pitch. I understand the need for new income streams, it's what I do for a living, but fans surely need to accept the reality that a new stadium is not a panacea for all of our problems.

You mention that you won't indefiantly fund a black hole - I assume you meant indefinitely.

UTM!
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 123
rancido
August 2, 2014, 2:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from davmariner

Many thanks for addressing the concern. With respect, how does the construction of a new stadium ensure more bums and seats and better players? Surely success on the pitch is the main factor that swings this. It's all well and good having a swanky new ground but people aren't just going to come because of that are they?

Of course success on the pitch is paramount but the plans for a new ground can still be progressing in tandem. If the time span for a new ground is at least 3 years then waiting until we get promoted before we even start any preliminary work puts it back further. BP is well past it's sell-by-date, could prove very costly to up-grade ( providing of course the Council will grant planning permission) and you are still left with the problems of parking and alternative income streams.
A new ground ( why use the expression swanky?) will have better facilities and make coming to a game more pleasurable for some. It will also gives out a message to prospective players and investors out there that we are looking to the future and not stuck in some backward looking rut, just living in the past as a " once great club".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 123
dapperz fun pub
August 2, 2014, 3:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
This town needs its football club to be in the football league performing well at a much better level than we are now, a new stadium will help that like its done for the likes of rotherham,chesterfield both of which we could easily match in terms of support and more imo. A new stadium doesnt guarantee anything but i really think the feel good factor would come steaming back in football terms and surely any sort of regeneration is a good thing in our deprived forgotten town
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 123
MeanwoodMariner
August 2, 2014, 3:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm all for the new stadium, hence my post on the Telegraph article but as someone else has subsequently stated, a new stadium is less likely to attract better players than success on the pitch. I understand the need for new income streams, it's what I do for a living

It's not an either/or situation. A new stadium would benefit the club, it really is that simple.

Quoted from MuddyWaters

but fans surely need to accept the reality that a new stadium is not a panacea for all of our problems.

I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard a single fan say a new stadium solves all our problems so managing expectations shouldn't be a problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 123
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2014, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

It's not an either/or situation. A new stadium would benefit the club, it really is that simple.

I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard a single fan say a new stadium solves all our problems so managing expectations shouldn't be a problem.

You don't have to convince me, I'm all for it! I just hope that we put a team together worthy of the surroundings because you can have the greatest stadium in the world but people won't pay just to watch Raggedarse Rovers in it.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 123
davmariner
August 2, 2014, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,902
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You don't have to convince me, I'm all for it! I just hope that we put a team together worthy of the surroundings because you can have the greatest stadium in the world but people won't pay just to watch Raggedarse Rovers in it.

Once again this explains my feelings towards it. I'm all for a new stadium, but we won't be able to reap the benefits of a new stadium whilst we're still languishing in the Conference.

It's all well and good saying that we may well be out of the Conference by then, but what happens when we aren't and have the financial burden of a new ground? All well and good arguing that this will be a regeneration and will bring lots and lots of jobs. But who is going to pay for these jobs? It will need to be backed up by gate money and commercial money, neither of which is going to increase unless we get out of this league.

Realistically we are unlikely to consistently get above 3,500 a week attendance in this league. Maybe even a lot less if we aren't challenging every year. The 25/7 facilities also have to be fit for purpose, in that we don't want a situation in which the facilities are available at the stadium but without the market to actually use those facilities.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 123
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.