Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2024, 7:55pm

Colchester 1-0 Doncaster after 9 minutes.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2024, 8:02pm; Reply: 1

1-1 after 14 minutes.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 23, 2024, 8:12pm; Reply: 2
1-2 now
Posted by: RonMariner, April 23, 2024, 8:14pm; Reply: 3
How on Earth have Doncaster gone from relegation candidates to winning 9 on the bounce, and getting close to a playoff spot?
Posted by: It Bites, April 23, 2024, 8:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RonMariner
How on Earth have Doncaster gone from relegation candidates to winning 9 on the bounce, and getting close to a playoff spot?

Clear the air meeting?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 23, 2024, 8:25pm; Reply: 5
It’s nice not really giving a toss about this game tbh
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 23, 2024, 8:27pm; Reply: 6
I’d love donny to win big and at least give the Cowleys sweating
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 23, 2024, 8:27pm; Reply: 7
Doncaster in the playoffs and Bradford are making a late charge again....
Posted by: HerveJosse, April 23, 2024, 8:30pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from RonMariner

Confidence building 5-1 away win and Adelulken ?
Posted by: chaos33, April 23, 2024, 8:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RonMariner

Never mind ‘close to’…..they’re in the play offs as it stands.
Posted by: RichMariner, April 23, 2024, 9:14pm; Reply: 10
That’s an incredible turnaround. Donny had such a slow start, they looked genuine relegation contenders until Feb.
Posted by: Meza, April 23, 2024, 9:17pm; Reply: 11
Didn't something similar happen to Mansfield, i seem to remember them being near the bottom with us one year and then after Jan they ended up near or in the playoffs.  
Posted by: MarinerDevil, April 23, 2024, 9:20pm; Reply: 12
3-1 Doncaster. Squeaky bum time on Saturday for the Cowleys.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 23, 2024, 9:25pm; Reply: 13
Donny now 5th, if they keep that spot at home in the second leg and against Crewe, Barrow or Crawley, must be favourites to go up now.
Posted by: bartgtfc, April 23, 2024, 9:29pm; Reply: 14
4-1 to Donnie now
Posted by: MarinerDevil, April 23, 2024, 9:31pm; Reply: 15
Yep, they're probably favourites now over MK. Amazing run. If they go up, they'll have Mansfield, Barnsley and Lincoln for company in League One.
Posted by: Running like emson, April 23, 2024, 9:35pm; Reply: 16
It's a sensational run of games. As much as we were utterly dire against them , there was obviously something building. When was the last time....
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2024, 9:43pm; Reply: 17

FT.. Colchester 1-4 Doncaster.

Still can't see Sutton escaping relegation though.
Posted by: LH, April 23, 2024, 9:43pm; Reply: 18
The result makes for an interesting last day for those not involved in it. Phew!
Posted by: RonMariner, April 23, 2024, 9:43pm; Reply: 19
Sutton now need a 4 goal turnaround. Not impossible.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 23, 2024, 9:43pm; Reply: 20
Lo-Tutala (Hull goaly lol), Matthew Craig, Hakeeb Adelakun and Billy Waters (sub), all in the team tonight who were brought in the January transfer window >> https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/all-14-ins-and-outs-at-doncaster-rovers-during-busy-january-transfer-window-gallery-4502198?page=1

I guess the difference is Doncaster didn't have as many excrement players to start with, hence their substantial improvement.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 23, 2024, 9:44pm; Reply: 21
It also means Colchester can not catch us either.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, April 23, 2024, 9:46pm; Reply: 22
In other news, Barrow have utterly collapsed since they beat us and are hanging onto that final playoff spot for dear life. Crawley need to beat us on Saturday after also falling off in recent weeks. Bradford are still somehow in with a chance. Relegation showdown on the last day is very much on, Sutton could conceivably beat MK Dons who will be resting players, while Colchester play Crewe who will need a result.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 23, 2024, 9:47pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from RonMariner
Sutton now need a 4 goal turnaround. Not impossible.

Sutton away at MK Dongs who have nothing to play for as already guaranteed 4th place

Colchester home to Crewe who still need points or they risk falling out of the playoff spots

It’ll be an interesting afternoon
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 23, 2024, 9:47pm; Reply: 24
It's very interesting down at the bottom now we're safe!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 23, 2024, 9:57pm; Reply: 25
Would be funny as hell if Sutton batter MK Dons and Crewe do the business, bye bye Colchester! lol
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 23, 2024, 10:03pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MarinerDevil
In other news, Barrow have utterly collapsed since they beat us and are hanging onto that final playoff spot for dear life. Crawley need to beat us on Saturday after also falling off in recent weeks. Bradford are still somehow in with a chance. Relegation showdown on the last day is very much on, Sutton could conceivably beat MK Dons who will be resting players, while Colchester play Crewe who will need a result.

Barrow didn’t beat us - we handed them the win on a plate. Bradford’s injury time equaliser at BP now could be crucial. Bradford will beat Newport, Crawley have to beat us to have any chance, Barrow need a draw to better Bradford or a win if Crawley beat us.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 23, 2024, 10:04pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Would be funny as hell if Sutton batter MK Dons and Crewe do the business, bye bye Colchester! lol

If Sutton win 3-0 and Colchester lose 1-0 they are on equal goal difference and goals scored/against. Both fixtures against one another ended 1-1 so that would lead to a play-off for survival. Not unrealistic.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 23, 2024, 10:06pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

It need a 5 goal swing so 2-0 Sutton and 0-3 Colchester would do it. If Sutton win 3-0 and Colchester lose 1-0 there would have to be a special play-off with the loser being relegated. That would be awesome!

https://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=4&tab=tab-overall
Posted by: Marinerdeano, April 23, 2024, 10:09pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from GrimRob

It need a 5 goal swing so 2-0 Sutton and 0-3 Colchester would do it. If Sutton win 3-0 and Colchester lose 1-0 there would have to be a special play-off with the loser being relegated. That would be awesome!

https://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=4&tab=tab-overall

I believe I read somewhere else that it then goes to number of wins which Colchester would pip on
Posted by: ska face, April 23, 2024, 10:18pm; Reply: 30
Think Bradford need us to do them a favour on Saturday. Shame that. Put the youth team out.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 23, 2024, 10:18pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Marinerdeano

I believe I read somewhere else that it then goes to number of wins which Colchester would pip on

Just looked it up in the regulations and you are correct.

League position is settled as follows:
Goals scored
Head to head record factoring in points, goal difference, goals scored in that order (both games were 1-1).
Number of wins
Goals scored away from home
Penalty points based around bookings
Lowest number of red cards
Play-off game

If Sutton win 3-0 and Colchester lose 1-0, Colchester survive with 11 wins and Sutton go down with 10 wins.
Posted by: mariner91, April 23, 2024, 10:21pm; Reply: 32
Shows you really don’t have to be that good to get in the play offs in this league. Bradford were fücking terrible when we played them recently.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), April 23, 2024, 10:34pm; Reply: 33
Christ I’m glad we’re out of this.

Nothing against Sutton tbh. Colchester can get fücked as far as I’m concerned
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 23, 2024, 10:38pm; Reply: 34
Crewe need a point to secure there place in the playoffs and Colchester need a point to stay up... I wonder what that result might be  ;D
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 23, 2024, 10:51pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Crewe need a point to secure there place in the playoffs and Colchester need a point to stay up... I wonder what that result might be  ;D

Crewe might wish to play for position too. It has 0-0 written all over it, though.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 23, 2024, 10:54pm; Reply: 36
Back the draw now, will steam in!
Posted by: Mayaman, April 24, 2024, 12:36am; Reply: 37
It's a shame Sutton didn't hold onto their lead last week.    Got to admire their fight in recent weeks.  Likewise you have to applause Donny's meteoric rise.  They deserve a shot at promotion.
Posted by: grimps, April 24, 2024, 5:27am; Reply: 38
I'd like Bradford and Donny to both stay in our league next years as they're both local games
Posted by: forza ivano, April 24, 2024, 6:55am; Reply: 39
Quoted from mariner91
Shows you really don’t have to be that good to get in the play offs in this league. Bradford were fücking terrible when we played them recently.

Said the same last night. .and dont forget that since Artell had his conversion our form is there or thereabouts.
So long as he doesnt go back to trying to play like a bargain basement Barca, you could make the argument that we are only a couple of signings from being a contender
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 24, 2024, 7:43am; Reply: 40
Obviously there's a whole summer of recruitment to come, but considering how relatively easy both Doncaster and Bradford have gone from utter shite to play-off contenders in such short spaces of time tells you how weak this league is, especially once you take out the big guns at the top.

There isn't a whole lot of strength coming down from League One and whilst Chesterfield might make a go of it, I can't see any of the Conference play-off 6 5 offering a threat.  

Could be a League Two that's there for taking.

Looking forward to actually watching Town on Saturday with no pressure and enjoying seeing the results come in and how it pans out.  Would prefer Colchester to go down, mainly because I just can't get on board with the Cowley's and it would be ironic considering there was such a demand for them to be appointed here in November.  That said, Steve Morrison at Sutton is also odious so it's a win-win situation really.
Posted by: Wrights35, April 24, 2024, 7:51am; Reply: 41
Quoted from mariner91

Utterly dreaful one of the worst teams I have seen at home this season and it wasnt all that long ago crazy they have a chance. Hope they dont make it
Posted by: 800 (Guest), April 24, 2024, 9:15am; Reply: 42
Quoted from RichMariner
That’s an incredible turnaround. Donny had such a slow start, they looked genuine relegation contenders until Feb.

I've seen Donny eight times this season in various competitions and they've won six. I never thought their league position reflected some of the ability they had. Ironside was knocking in plenty of goals and they could conjure up three points here and there. They stuffed franchisescum on 1st January.

They were always going to turn us over in February. The only poor performances I saw were in beating us 1 0 and losing at home to Bradford. My Donny friends thought we would win in the week before our home game against them but I didn't have any doubts.

I personally hope they go up because I don't want to see them turn us over at home yet again and it'll keep my friends happy.

They have much more competitively priced cup tickets which is when I usually turn up. In the range of £5 to £10 for a 60+ depending on the competition.  
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 24, 2024, 10:41am; Reply: 43
Quoted from diehardmariner
Obviously there's a whole summer of recruitment to come, but considering how relatively easy both Doncaster and Bradford have gone from utter shite to play-off contenders in such short spaces of time tells you how weak this league is, especially once you take out the big guns at the top.

There isn't a whole lot of strength coming down from League One and whilst Chesterfield might make a go of it, I can't see any of the Conference play-off 6 5 offering a threat.  

Could be a League Two that's there for taking.

Looking forward to actually watching Town on Saturday with no pressure and enjoying seeing the results come in and how it pans out.  Would prefer Colchester to go down, mainly because I just can't get on board with the Cowley's and it would be ironic considering there was such a demand for them to be appointed here in November.  That said, Steve Morrison at Sutton is also odious so it's a win-win situation really.

All it's taken is a couple of players that made the difference for Doncaster. Adelakun, Craig and Lo Tutala have made a massive difference to them. Adelakun is one of the best players i've seen at BP this season, we couldn't get anywhere near him. Up there with Jodi Jones.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, April 24, 2024, 10:44am; Reply: 44
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

All it's taken is a couple of players that made the difference for Doncaster. Adelakun, Craig and Lo Tutala have made a massive difference to them. Adelakun is one of the best players i've seen at BP this season, we couldn't get anywhere near him. Up there with Jodi Jones.

Adelukun is on loan from us - Clearly more suited to L2 - Possibly be a few clubs in for him now..

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 24, 2024, 10:55am; Reply: 45
The few Colchester fans who bother to post on their fans forum* are scathing about the Cowleys. We perhaps dodged a bullet there if they were ever in the frame.

One comment made me laugh - Danny Cowley shouts non stop for 90 odd minutes but the players have stopped listening. So would I if I had a lunatic jack in the box bawling instructions non stop.

* What a dismal forum it is. All over the shop, not phone friendly and hardly anybody on it. Rob deserves a lot of credit for the simplicity and clarity of the Fishy, and the number of posts show there is great interest in GTFC unlike some of our league 2 rivals.

Posted by: Les Brechin, April 24, 2024, 11:11am; Reply: 46
So, for Colchester to go down we need a 2 goal defeat from them home to Crewe and a 2 goal win for Sutton at MK Dons
(who have nothing to play for). A long shot but stranger things have happened.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 24, 2024, 11:21am; Reply: 47
Sutton have an extra point following THAT penalty!
Posted by: grimps, April 24, 2024, 11:24am; Reply: 48
The few Colchester fans who bother to post on their fans forum* are scathing about the Cowleys. We perhaps dodged a bullet there if they were ever in the frame.

One comment made me laugh - Danny Cowley shouts non stop for 90 odd minutes but the players have stopped listening. So would I if I had a lunatic jack in the box bawling instructions non stop.

* What a dismal forum it is. All over the shop, not phone friendly and hardly anybody on it. Rob deserves a lot of credit for the simplicity and clarity of the Fishy, and the number of posts show there is great interest in GTFC unlike some of our league 2 rivals.

I took a look at it the other week after our game and thought that maybe they used another more popular one than the one we have in our links
Posted by: MarinerDevil, April 24, 2024, 12:54pm; Reply: 49
There are two Colchester forums I think. There's this one which is pretty much dead >> https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/
... and this other one which seems much more active from the number of users currently online, but you need to register to read it >> http://www.cu-fcchat.com/
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 24, 2024, 2:00pm; Reply: 50

Adelukun is on loan from us - Clearly more suited to L2 - Possibly be a few clubs in for him now..

He was very good against us mate, wouldn't be suprised if one of the lads going up took him off you if you're looking to get rid. He's a proper handful on the ball and is very quick, obviously had his injury problems so cause for concern there but i'd love him here.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, April 24, 2024, 3:19pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

He was very good against us mate, wouldn't be suprised if one of the lads going up took him off you if you're looking to get rid. He's a proper handful on the ball and is very quick, obviously had his injury problems so cause for concern there but i'd love him here.

Seems to be flying at Doncaster - Was very poor for us, and struggled with the step up - Definitely a player in there though.
Print page generated: May 27, 2024, 11:12am